Sunday, May 15, 2011

Getting to Know Yoouuuuu


As our happy little home is slowly expanding and gaining some recognition, I thought I'd give you a peek behind the curtain to learn a little about me.  My original plan was to post the overdramatic and somewhat traumatizing "100 Things About Me", but I like having followers and that list inevitably leaves people with more questions than answers.

Questions of Great Importance that I stole from The Photognazi

1. Have you ever gone to see a movie by yourself?



2. Would you rather go through a tornado or a hurricane?


3. Have you made summer vacation plans?


4. What's your favorite accessory?


5. Have you ever been thrown a surprise party?


6. Are you friends with your neighbors?


7. What's the last movie you saw in the theater?


8 What's your favorite food network show?


The Answers, which I stole from no one.

1. I have gone to see a movie by myself to escape my sister's then mother-in-law and bratty neice who were hogging all of my time with TBC, who was only a few months old.  I believe it was "How to Deal" with Mandy Moore.  The title seemed fitting.

2.  I've been through tornadoes and hurricanes before.  I once encountered six tornadoes at the same time in Ohio when I was younger.  I had severe panic attacks for years every time it would storm and I still don't fully trust Ohio.  If we're talking Category 1 hurricanes, I'll take those, please.

3.  My summer vacation plans had initially included a week in Cabo, then it switched to a week in Nags Head, NC.  When I realized that I could never afford to take a week off of work for anything, including emergency surgery, those plans shifted to "Not Killing Anyone at Store-Mart".  I couldn't make it in prison where I know I'd have to trade sexual favors for cigarettes.

4.  My favorite accessory is my head.  I like taking it everywhere I go.  I don't really get into accessories because it requires thought and that's not an area I excel in.

5.  No surprise parties here.  I've been thrown a party that contained such lovely surprises as: A crackhead who shaved half of his head, cried when he bled, broke a door and knocked down the hostess, and then proceeded to run up and down the highway in hysterics, the host pulling a gun, and me crying.  I don't think I like surprises much anymore.

6.  Hmm... Which neighbors could I be friends with?  The cranky Yankee whose husband (before leaving) wanted to shoot the neighbor who shot his dog that ate the other neighbor's elderly cat and chickens?  The meth heads that have housed a child molestor on and off over the years?  The neighbors that did a husband swap across the street? The crazy woman that puts lipstick on the outside of her mouth?  Or the people that never bring our mail over when they get it and never wave?  I'm also pretty sure that I heard someone get shot last night, but that's not really a neighbor so much as someone that lives in the neighborhood.  Pod people can never be overrated.  I'd take a whole bushel of them right now.

7.  I'm going to have to go with Easy A on this one.  I don't watch many movies anymore and I resent having to pay so much to sit in a cold theater, not smoke, and then pee for twenty minutes when its over because I drank my body weight in $8.00 Coke.  I'll be leaving shortly to watch Bridesmaids though. 

8.  Not Rachel Ray.  She makes me ashamed of my last name.  I'm usually a fan of Paula Deen, but being Southern, I KNOW that none of us says "y'all" that damned much.  Seriously.  You're killing me, Smalls.  I also like Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives.  Most of the time Food Network is like Douche Network to me.  I love watching it, but someone will inevitably piss me off by throwing something disgusting into foods I love to eat.  They're classics for a reason, y'all.


If you want to attempt these hard hitting questions and possibly generate a little traffic to your personal piece of paradise, head over to Mannland5 and link yourself up.

1 comment:

Brianne said...

Hahahahahahaha.

Hahahahahahah.
Haha

Ha!

Love it. You rock.

LinkWithin